The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

~Myths and Magic~

+2
Jaycrow
Jaystep
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

121~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(Dia: No. Razz )

"Okay, bye Jacob!" Dia called after the man. Then when he was out of earshot, she froze in confusion. "Wait a minute, he is a cop. ...Well a detective, but where's he going? ...Oh well!"

"Nice ta meechya Lee! And ya! " Dia laughed after shaking Liyana's hand, "I mean, I almost died. But those are the best type of adventures, right?"
As the girl snickered to herself, her gaze wondered over to Josh. She raised an eyebrow at him. "What's 'Dumbledore' mumbling about?" she asked out loud. She was jogging up to him even as she spoke.

"Hey mister!" Dia practically yelled in Josh's face after poking her head unexpectedly in his view. "Whoa, that's an old journal. Is that a drawing of a dragon? That's a weird dragon."

122~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Jaycrow

Jaycrow
Wolf

Jacob walked up to his car and reached down under the steering wheel, pushing a button that promptly opened the truck for the mustang. "Another day, another hour, it seems." He glanced towards the trunk as he walked over, pulling out a new outfit that brandished a chest holster for his pistol and a pair of khaki pants that accentuated the design of the black dress shirt and vest along with it. Jacob hurriedly put them on after slamming the trunk then jumping into the driver's side, hoping that no had seen him. Once he had dressed himself, he pulled out a pistol from the middle console between the driver's seat and rested it carefully into the chest holster.
  Of course, today would be another hectic day for the police department. After that he would pay Liyana a visit, something he avoided for awhile considering his unwillingness to assimilate into the pack. "I hope Dia is safe from any more trouble..." Jacob sighed to himself.

123~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:(Dia: No. Razz )

"Okay, bye Jacob!" Dia called after the man. Then when he was out of earshot, she froze in confusion. "Wait a minute, he is a cop. ...Well a detective, but where's he going? ...Oh well!"

"Nice ta meechya Lee! And ya! " Dia laughed after shaking Liyana's hand, "I mean, I almost died. But those are the best type of adventures, right?"
As the girl snickered to herself, her gaze wondered over to Josh. She raised an eyebrow at him. "What's 'Dumbledore' mumbling about?" she asked out loud. She was jogging up to him even as she spoke.

"Hey mister!" Dia practically yelled in Josh's face after poking her head unexpectedly in his view. "Whoa, that's an old journal. Is that a drawing of a dragon? That's a weird dragon."

Josh was taken back by the teenager yelling at him. He chuckled at the nickname 'Dumbledore' he overheard, funny how everyone calls him that. "No according to this it's a cloud serpent, kinda like a dragon I suppose. Eats clouds and thunderbird eggs mostly." He finally found the page he was looking for about werewolves with an "Ah ha!" before beginning to read. 

"I have no idea how I got this journal, found it in my car after the whole rift in the sky thing--oh I see werewolves have similar social structures like actual wolves, interesting--so I'm assuming whatever Higher Power that gave us these gifts or powers wants someone to compare notes to."

Liyana peered over Josh's shoulder with Dia, skimming the page silently with Josh, amused by what she was reading. "Can revert to dog-like behavior such as playing fetch and chasing tails in a stable pack environment.... did you find the MoonMoon of Weres, buddy?"

Josh gave an annoyed glance forward before looking back down at the page. "Anywho, the weirdest thing yet is this looks like my handwriting, but you think one would remember writing 200 pages worth of a D'n'D campaign bestiary..."

124~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:

Josh was taken back by the teenager yelling at him. He chuckled at the nickname 'Dumbledore' he overheard, funny how everyone calls him that. "No according to this it's a cloud serpent, kinda like a dragon I suppose. Eats clouds and thunderbird eggs mostly." He finally found the page he was looking for about werewolves with an "Ah ha!" before beginning to read. 

"I have no idea how I got this journal, found it in my car after the whole rift in the sky thing--oh I see werewolves have similar social structures like actual wolves, interesting--so I'm assuming whatever Higher Power that gave us these gifts or powers wants someone to compare notes to."

Liyana peered over Josh's shoulder with Dia, skimming the page silently with Josh, amused by what she was reading. "Can revert to dog-like behavior such as playing fetch and chasing tails in a stable pack environment.... did you find the MoonMoon of Weres, buddy?"

Josh gave an annoyed glance forward before looking back down at the page. "Anywho, the weirdest thing yet is this looks like my handwriting, but you think one would remember writing 200 pages worth of a D'n'D campaign bestiary..."
"Oh cool!" was Dia's response to the cloud serpent information.

She skimmed the page along with the other two, and then snickered at Liyana's comment. "MoonMoon."

"Something like that reminds me of something I saw in a movie. Maybe you did-or are- going to write this journal, and then send it through time to your past self?" the girl suggested brightly, "Or maybe a "you" from another dimension sent it to the "you" from this dimension?"

125~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Starbound Traveler

Starbound Traveler
Blue Jay

((I'd like to apologize to everyone for not being as active as I promised. The flow of creativity has been leaving me as fast as it has been coming lately >.< ))

126~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Starbound Traveler wrote:((I'd like to apologize to everyone for not being as active as I promised. The flow of creativity has been leaving me as fast as it has been coming lately >.< ))
(No worries friend, that is the story of my life, lol!)

127~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Jaycrow

Jaycrow
Wolf

(Yeah, it's okay. ^.^ )

128~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

"So no ride, then? .... Nah, that's okay. I'll figure it out... "
James sighed as he flicked his finger across his phone and slid it back into his jacket. He stretched his arms over his head for a solid thirty seconds and then flopped backwards to look up at the sky and pout. 

I have to walk 16 blocks...

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

129~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(Dia: *raises hand* Too young to drive, sorry. XP)

130~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

She skimmed the page along with the other two, and then snickered at Liyana's comment. "MoonMoon."

"Something like that reminds me of something I saw in a movie. Maybe you did-or are- going to write this journal, and then send it through time to your past self?" the girl suggested brightly, "Or maybe a "you" from another dimension sent it to the "you" from this dimension?"

((Book!Josh: Bingo someone get that girl a fire extinguisher because she's on a roll))

Josh stopped for a second when Dia mentioned dimensions and time. "An alternate reality? That's ..... plausible. Those rifts in the sky semi-confirmed a type of multiverse theory so that could be a possibility..... I mean I don't even recognize ninety-percent of the creatures in here. Rakashaa, Ifrit, Wulvers.... there's some weird stuff in here." He offered the journal to Dia. "Take a look for yourself."

Josh looked back at James who was still there. He let out a sign, weighing the Paragon and Renegade options in his head. ".... Hey... hey you." He snapped to get James's attention. "Do you need a ride? ... If you promise not to carjack me again?"

131~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Starbound Traveler wrote:((I'd like to apologize to everyone for not being as active as I promised. The flow of creativity has been leaving me as fast as it has been coming lately >.< ))

((S'okay, I mean adulting sucks we're all super busy))

132~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

((Book!Josh: Bingo someone get that girl a fire extinguisher because she's on a roll))

Josh stopped for a second when Dia mentioned dimensions and time. "An alternate reality? That's ..... plausible. Those rifts in the sky semi-confirmed a type of multiverse theory so that could be a possibility..... I mean I don't even recognize ninety-percent of the creatures in here. Rakashaa, Ifrit, Wulvers.... there's some weird stuff in here." He offered the journal to Dia. "Take a look for yourself."

Josh looked back at James who was still there. He let out a sign, weighing the Paragon and Renegade options in his head. ".... Hey... hey you." He snapped to get James's attention. "Do you need a ride? ... If you promise not to carjack me again?"
(Dia: *punches the air* YAAAAA-aaaaaa?? *looks at the wording again* *squints at Book!Josh in confusion* I don't think that's how the saying goes.)

"Oh sweet! Thanks!" Dia exclaimed as she accepted the journal.
I feel so trusted!
She held the book out slightly for Liyana to see as well. "I wonder if this thing has anything about my powers," she mused out loud. Like Josh, there were a lot of names that she didn't recognize as she flipped through the pages. Some of those names, she wasn't even sure she could pronounce.
Dia paused at a page with a sketch that looked like a dark blob in a mirror. "Sorusifu," she read, pronouncing it 'soh-rah-see-foo'. And then after skimming the page, she summarized the main info she picked up on. "Apparently it lives in reflections, hiding just out of sight of anyone who looks in. And this thing can literally pull people inside if 'certain conditions are met', both it and the person never to be seen again afterward. That's...sketchy."

133~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35 am

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

(Dia: *punches the air* YAAAAA-aaaaaa?? *looks at the wording again* *squints at Book!Josh in confusion* I don't think that's how the saying goes.)

"Oh sweet! Thanks!" Dia exclaimed as she accepted the journal.
I feel so trusted!
She held the book out slightly for Liyana to see as well. "I wonder if this thing has anything about my powers," she mused out loud. Like Josh, there were a lot of names that she didn't recognize as she flipped through the pages. Some of those names, she wasn't even sure she could pronounce.
Dia paused at a page with a sketch that looked like a dark blob in a mirror. "Sorusifu," she read, pronouncing it 'soh-rah-see-foo'. And then after skimming the page, she summarized the main info she picked up on. "Apparently it lives in reflections, hiding just out of sight of anyone who looks in. And this thing can literally pull people inside if 'certain conditions are met', both it and the person never to be seen again afterward. That's...sketchy."

((Book!Josh: *finger guns*))

Josh nodded. "You see? Weird stuff." He paused in silence, clearly in thought. "You know... there's a lot about nature powers in there. I've seen dryads, druids, faeries, and pages for Greek and Roman deities. It'd be a place to start."

134~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(Dia: ._. )

"Oh cool, thanks!"
The girl immediately started flipping through the book again. She stopped on the section about faeries.
"There's something called a Mythagore here," she spoke as she read through the names of different species of fae, "It's mom is a human and it's dad is a fairy. So it's only half fae. Kind of reminds me of a Liger, where the mom's a tiger and the dad's a lion! And when it's flipped with the dad being a tiger and the mom a lion, the offspring is called a Tigon! Maybe it's the same deal with half fae, half human people? But I can't find the name for the one that has a human dad and a fairy mom..."

(*points to Eco* The Mythagore is @Earth's Eco's creation! ^.^ )

135~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:(Dia: ._. )

"Oh cool, thanks!"
The girl immediately started flipping through the book again. She stopped on the section about faeries.
"There's something called a Mythagore here," she spoke as she read through the names of different species of fae, "It's mom is a human and it's dad is a fairy. So it's only half fae. Kind of reminds me of a Liger, where the mom's a tiger and the dad's a lion! And when it's flipped with the dad being a tiger and the mom a lion, the offspring is called a Tigon! Maybe it's the same deal with half fae, half human people? But I can't find the name for the one that has a human dad and a fairy mom..."

(*points to Eco* The Mythagore is @Earth's Eco's creation! ^.^ )

Josh pondered for a second. "You got me on that one, kiddo. Looks like you get to be the one to name it then," he gestured for the journal back and pulled a pen from his briefcase. "Suppose the blank pages in the back are for something then."

136~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

((Forgot to add, in my universe I call half fae/half humans pixies ^^ I'm not the best with coming up with names and stuff so I just called them pixies lol. Mythagore is the word in this universe then Razz ))

137~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Coolio! Sounds great! ^.^ )

I'm going to wait for Eco to post first, since he's RPing a Mythagore. And hey, maybe Mark knows the name and it is in the journal, but Dia missed it? Lol )

138~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:Coolio! Sounds great! ^.^ )

I'm going to wait for Eco to post first, since he's RPing a Mythagore. And hey, maybe Mark knows the name and it is in the journal, but Dia missed it? Lol )

((Maybe! Lol ))

139~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

... *twiddles thumbs* ...Welp... ...Wanna RP a Moonpelt/Najmah flashback scene? It could be a short plot that may or may not be canon to the RP, but they could be adventuring with just each other, learning how to be siblings? Wacko I mean, I don't know what the plot would be, but... Ya! XD)

140~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:... *twiddles thumbs* ...Welp... ...Wanna RP a Moonpelt/Najmah flashback scene? It could be a short plot that may or may not be canon to the RP, but they could be adventuring with just each other, learning how to be siblings? Wacko I mean, I don't know what the plot would be, but... Ya! XD)
 ((Sure! I've been wanting to play around with Aimarra some too because she's just been a name in my sig for months! You start and tag me))

141~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:... *twiddles thumbs* ...Welp... ...Wanna RP a Moonpelt/Najmah flashback scene? It could be a short plot that may or may not be canon to the RP, but they could be adventuring with just each other, learning how to be siblings? Wacko I mean, I don't know what the plot would be, but... Ya! XD)
 ((Sure! I've been wanting to play around with Aimarra some too because she's just been a name in my sig for months! You start and tag me))
Oh sweet! Alrighty, I will do that right away! Wacko )

142~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:50 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

[hehe. oops. Forgot that I hadn't replied in so long X.x]

Mark had relapsed completely into his own thoughts after everyone started arguing, staring off into nothingness. He gave a start, however, when he distinctly heard  the word 'Mythagore'. Raising an eyebrow at the small group huddled around the leather journal, he ambled over. "There would only be an entry on the Terragore if they still existed. Er--I mean...tenses are difficult. Especially these days..." Mark poked his head in to take a glance at the journal. "The last Terragore of the Old Era died off long before that was written probably. Even after the Dead War, when the Barren Curse on female fairies was lifted, something permanent lingered of it, making Terragore an endangered species. Despite frantic efforts to find the reason behind this and save the last of the Terragore from extinction..." He trailed off, realizing he had been rambling, and shrugged semi-awkwardly. "Sorry. I tend to get really into history kind of stuff, especially with Mythics."

143~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

"No problem, dude," Josh said, interlocking his hands to stretching, popping his knuckles in the processes. "In this day in age with all the new creatures and peoples wondering around we need all the history we can get."

144~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Dia giggled softly. And then after a moment, her eyes lit up.
"Oh, I get it! Mythagore and Terragore! Because one dad is a myth-well not really-and one dad is Terran! AKA, from Earth! Right?"
"By the way, what was the Barren Curse. I mean I get what it was, you sort of inferred about it, but why was the Barren Curse?"

145~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 am

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Josh shrugged. "Someone or something wanted the Terragore to die out... kinda cruel. Reminds me of the Genophage the turians deployed against the krogans."

146~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:30 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Mark nodded. "Good question. And you're somewhat right," he said to Josh. "It's a very long and complicated story, but the main reason why the Barren Curse was inflicted upon the fairy folk was, yes, cruelty.

"During the Dead War, there were many independent armies vying for the upper hand, trying to claim a small piece of land where an ancient fortress stood. For Eons it was told, the fortress was inhabited and guarded by an extremely secretive group of elite warriors, protecting some great object of power. When the group of warriors suddenly vanished into thin air, many kingdoms, peoples, and creatures rushed to invade the fortress to find the legendary hidden thing, sparking an all out war.

"Sometime during the heat of the War, a Troll army of one of the many various factions managed a semi-successful raid on the fortress, and uncovered a room of ancient artifacts, many of which were cursed. Unbeknownst to the Troll army, a small band of Fairy Warriors had followed them into the fortress. The Fairies ambushed the Trolls in the artifact room, and absolute chaos ensued. Several of the artifacts contained powerful elemental curses, and one, when broken in the midst of the fight, devoured all light within the area. The Trolls ended up turning on each other in panic, and several more artifacts released their curses. Dark Fire erupted among the fight, pits opened up, swallowing many up, and a large group of those fighting suddenly dissolved into screaming heaps of flesh. Only a handful of those who had entered that room made it out, only one of which was a Fairy.

"Enraged and desperate because of the massive defeat and loss of Trollkind, the The Troll King ordered a vengeance attack. The Trolls that had made it out had brought with them one of the artifacts, an egg-shaped stone with small writing spiraling around it, which seemed to be some ancient language, impossible to translate. The stone was used by the Trolls, despite not knowing what would happen, to attack the Fairies. The Troll army was surprisingly defeated, but during the battle, unbeknownst to all, the curse was released on the Fairies. some time later, the effects became obvious. The Curse was named the Barren Curse, and it lasted through the rest of the Dead War, reducing the Fairies in number, but not to a dangerous point. 

"Although the origin of the curse was only barely linked to the stone and the Trolls, most agreed on it being the source. The Fairy Folk forever after were archenemies with Trollkind, and after some time, the Terragore died off from the aftereffects of the Barren Curse."

[...And yes 99% of that was made up on the spot. Also that was fun to write xD reminds me I should write more.]

147~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Oh nice! On the spot mythical history lesson, I like it! Wacko )

"Cool!" Dia drawled out with a fascinated grin. Then after a moment of thought she added, "Well, not cool about the curses and dying and stuff, but cool! This is the type of history I want to learn!"
Exactly five seconds later, the girl went pale in the face.
"Oh crud. I am really late for school, aren't I?"

(On a side note, Eco! Did you see my post asking if you wanted to RP Dia's mom? Is that something you'd want to do, or nah?)

148~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

"Oh no, there's no freaking way I'm getting back into a car with you. Ever.... I got no problem walking." James shrugged, getting to his feet and smoothing out the wrinkles of his clothes. He wasn't sure if Josh heard his reply, as the guy went right back to talking with the others, but it didn't matter. Despite completely blowing his case entirely, potentially losing his job and nearly dying in a car wreck, James tried his best to stay cool.

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

149~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

I feel so sad for James... Sad )

150~Myths and Magic~ - Page 5 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 am

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

((Eh, he'll be fine))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum