The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Muckwaters)

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Jaystep wrote:(Drellan: *low growl at Korra* .... *steps closer to Najmah and Raiya* This ship is already at sea.)

((*donning boat captain hat* YOU CANNOT CONTROL ME #IfIDieYoungBuryMeInKajmah ))
(I'm not gonna lie, I kinda ship Norra/Kajmah! Lol *behind Ruki wearing sailor's hat* Toot toot! All abOARD! *making hand motions with boat noises*)

(Najmah: WILD!! *gestures madly to Drellan and Raiya* *looks at Wild with angry "WHAT-THE-HECK?!"*)

(XD)

((It'd be one of those "one-night" romances what was kinda awkward and no one wants to talk about it. Like Korra took Najmah to see a movie and he ate all the popcorn and so they never went out again))
(And on top of eating all the popcorn, whenever Korra would be in #PrinceMode, Najmah would start to get drawn in, and then he'd do something that would remind her of Moonpelt.)

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:(I did not know Najmah was going to be meeting the panthers face to face yet, so is it alright if we all pretend she just now had the brief flashback about that male panther who's name she doesn't remember yet? Lol )

The she-wolf stood tense, regarding Korra with instinctive suspicion. For some reason, she felt an emotion akin to a flame flare inside her when the panther prince stated her situation. She felt she had just been jabbed at, even if that necessarily wasn't the case.

"It's not that I remember nothing!" she interrupted in reply to having no recollection of anything before that day, "I remember their faces... Whoever they were. Wolves. A panther..."

A prince without his people? Why does that seem familiar to me...

((Sure! It was better than Unnamed Wolf Scout 5 stopping by Lol ))

"Ah, a she-wolf haunted by familiar yet unfamiliar faces," the prince cooed. "Most interesting." The sun was slowly starting to creep up over the vines and the she-wolf was finally revealed to him. As the sun revealed the she-wolf, the panther prince was revealed as well. His shining yellow eyes turned brilliant green. His fur was a black as the midnight sky though it shimmered almost a deep violet in color as the sun hit it.

My she is quite the wolf... must be one of those Northern girls...

The panther tilted his head. He rose form his haunches and started into the she-wolf's eyes, slowly creeping up to get a better look. "Your eyes.... I've seen them before..." the panther's ears and tail twitched with intrigue. "Tell me... do you know of a wolf named Moon?"

I'd recognize those eyes anywhere... I just hope she has an idea who I'm talking about... 
(XD True dat!)

(You know what, I kinda like Korra! I hope he can befriend Najmah somehow XD But Naji's going to be Naji, so... Lol )

The she-wolf's annoyance was forgotten when the sun's rays hit the panther's form. She was startled and awed by the changes in his appearance, his eyes being what got to her the most. She was so dazed that she didn't realize he was walking to her until he intruded the outer layer of her personal bubble.
The blue-eyed she-wolf blinked rapidly before taking a step back when the panther started getting too close. The fur along her spine began to prickle and her lips started twitching, as if they were about to pull back into a snarl.

"Sorry, can't say I do," she immediately replied. But as she thought about it afterwards, she couldn't help but feel that the name held some sort of meaning to her...

Moon...

The she-wolf looked away, her gaze sweeping across the stream beside her. But upon seeing something in the water's surface, she froze in shock. Forgetting the panther, she turned to the stream and looked down at what had caught her attention: her reflection.

That's me...

She only briefly looked herself over, because what really captured her gaze were the ugly scars across her chest. Subconsciously, she placed one of her forepaws over the tokens of a battle she did not remember.

What are these? How in the world did I...?

((Well he's Moony's partner in crime so Naji better prepare herself. He can be quite the handful but right now he's in #PrinceMode ))

The panther took note of the she-wolf's scars. he himself was in pristine condition--a result of a sheltered princely up-bringing. "My, you must have faced quite the adversary," the panther smiled again--his smile was probably pretty goofy-looking with his eyes shut, ears back, and teeth exposed but it came from the heart. "But my father always told me that the body is a canvas and scars are the art that tells a story."

((Owls probably paint. When in doubt say the owls can do it XD))
(Oh dear! Lol This'll be awesome!)

(Najmah: What the heck?! Why is this panther so smooth?! *angry blushing face*)

The she-wolf looked to Korra as he spoke, looking at him oddly at the strange, goofy grin on his face. In that moment, another memory fragment was recalled. She saw the white male wolf she had seen before, only this time he was wearing the same exact expression the panther was wearing now.

What the-?

Something about that memory left her feeling annoyed, but yet...affectionate. The ghost of something was hovering just in her head. If she could capture it, she would remember... And so she reached for it. But it was gone before she could grab it.
She felt she should've been frustrated, but instead she felt...sad... What was going on?

Her attention was once again taken by Korra, the panther who had just now triggered the best chance she had at regaining something significant so far, just by smiling. Would that happen again, if she kept talking to him?

"...What is a canvas?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head, "And what is 'art'?"

She didn't understand what he told her, but it seemed like a compliment. It at least sounded nice.

(( All aboard the USS Norra! Or is it the Kajmah? ..... *toots sail boat horn*))

The panther froze for a second, he too wasn't quite sure what an art was--but he recalled something the barn owls would talk about. He regained his composure and after clearing this throat he continued to speak. He wasn't quite sure if he knew what he was talking about but he tried to sell it the best he could. "Well.. a canvas is tree bark that you make art on.... and art is what comes from your soul. It's how your true essence manifests itself."

Yeah, yeah that sounds pretty good. I mean I'd buy it. 
(How about Najrra? Or Kormah? Lol )

"Whoa, what?" the she-wolf exclaimed with a small yelp to her voice, taking his words literally. "You're saying people can do that with their soul? On tree bark? How-? Where can I find this "art"? I have to see it!"

Her eyes were wide in both disbelief and amazement as she tried to image one's "true essence" being carved in tree bark.

"Ever since the swamps started to dry out the owls have long since taken it away to Light knows where," the prince was trying to recall the name of the island that the owls talked about but it slipped his mind.
"Why would owls take it?" the she-wolf asked in confusion, "They can't just keep it to themselves! That's not fair! I want to see it too!"

As the sun crept higher in the sky during this conversation, a male wolf by the name of Jaro started walking out of his den with a yawn. He stopped in the entrance when he spotted the panther prince chatting with the Northern Mountains wolf beside the creek.
"Oh, hey! Korra's here," he said to no one in particular, as if the panther's being here was a normal occurrence.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
(XD True dat!)

(You know what, I kinda like Korra! I hope he can befriend Najmah somehow XD But Naji's going to be Naji, so... Lol )

The she-wolf's annoyance was forgotten when the sun's rays hit the panther's form. She was startled and awed by the changes in his appearance, his eyes being what got to her the most. She was so dazed that she didn't realize he was walking to her until he intruded the outer layer of her personal bubble.
The blue-eyed she-wolf blinked rapidly before taking a step back when the panther started getting too close. The fur along her spine began to prickle and her lips started twitching, as if they were about to pull back into a snarl.

"Sorry, can't say I do," she immediately replied. But as she thought about it afterwards, she couldn't help but feel that the name held some sort of meaning to her...

Moon...

The she-wolf looked away, her gaze sweeping across the stream beside her. But upon seeing something in the water's surface, she froze in shock. Forgetting the panther, she turned to the stream and looked down at what had caught her attention: her reflection.

That's me...

She only briefly looked herself over, because what really captured her gaze were the ugly scars across her chest. Subconsciously, she placed one of her forepaws over the tokens of a battle she did not remember.

((Well he's Moony's partner in crime so Naji better prepare herself. He can be quite the handful but right now he's in #PrinceMode ))

The panther took note of the she-wolf's scars. he himself was in pristine condition--a result of a sheltered princely up-bringing. "My, you must have faced quite the adversary," the panther smiled again--his smile was probably pretty goofy-looking with his eyes shut, ears back, and teeth exposed but it came from the heart. "But my father always told me that the body is a canvas and scars are the art that tells a story."

The she-wolf looked to Korra as he spoke, looking at him oddly at the strange, goofy grin on his face. In that moment, another memory fragment was recalled. She saw the white male wolf she had seen before, only this time he was wearing the same exact expression the panther was wearing now.

What the-?

Something about that memory left her feeling annoyed, but yet...affectionate. The ghost of something was hovering just in her head. If she could capture it, she would remember... And so she reached for it. But it was gone before she could grab it.
She felt she should've been frustrated, but instead she felt...sad... What was going on?

Her attention was once again taken by Korra, the panther who had just now triggered the best chance she had at regaining something significant so far, just by smiling. Would that happen again, if she kept talking to him?

"...What is a canvas?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head, "And what is 'art'?"

She didn't understand what he told her, but it seemed like a compliment. It at least sounded nice.

(( All aboard the USS Norra! Or is it the Kajmah? ..... *toots sail boat horn*))

The panther froze for a second, he too wasn't quite sure what an art was--but he recalled something the barn owls would talk about. He regained his composure and after clearing this throat he continued to speak. He wasn't quite sure if he knew what he was talking about but he tried to sell it the best he could. "Well.. a canvas is tree bark that you make art on.... and art is what comes from your soul. It's how your true essence manifests itself."

"Whoa, what?" the she-wolf exclaimed with a small yelp to her voice, taking his words literally. "You're saying people can do that with their soul? On tree bark? How-? Where can I find this "art"? I have to see it!"

Her eyes were wide in both disbelief and amazement as she tried to image one's "true essence" being carved in tree bark.

"Ever since the swamps started to dry out the owls have long since taken it away to Light knows where," the prince was trying to recall the name of the island that the owls talked about but it slipped his mind.
"Why would owls take it?" the she-wolf asked in confusion, "They can't just keep it to themselves! That's not fair! I want to see it too!"

As the sun crept higher in the sky during this conversation, a male wolf by the name of Jaro started walking out of his den with a yawn. He stopped in the entrance when he spotted the panther prince chatting with the Northern Mountains wolf beside the creek.
"Oh, hey! Korra's here," he said to no one in particular, as if the panther's being here was a normal occurrence.

"Well they took it to protect it from--" the panther was interrupted by the male wolf announcing his arrival. He turned to the new wolf and smiled. "That's Prince Korra to you," he said playfully, sticking his tongue out.

The scouts from the night before burst through the vines. The four of them appearing more frantic than their stoic nature the previous night. Other wolves awaking to start their day were starting to ensuing in panic chatter at the sight of the panicking scouts when Velyria finally emerged from her den. When she noted that there were now four of her loyal scouts instead of the five she had sent out.

"What happened?" the alpha approached her scouts.

"I-don't know!" one of the female scouts stated. "We waited for hours for Karver at the rendezvous point but he just never showed up! This isn't like him something terrible has happened!"

The alpha trying to soothe the panicking scout by sitting down and draping her head over the neck of the other scout, which in turn snuggled into her and started weeping. "We'll find your mate, pup," the alpha cooed as the anxious scout started to calm in the embrace of her alpha.

(Korra! Explain to Naji what's going on!)

Korra smiled to himself a little and turned to the Northern she-wolf. "Alphas here aren't called Pack Matrons for nothing," he started. "So not only is it her job to lead but to comfort and console her subjects."

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Jaystep wrote:(Drellan: *low growl at Korra* .... *steps closer to Najmah and Raiya* This ship is already at sea.)

((*donning boat captain hat* YOU CANNOT CONTROL ME #IfIDieYoungBuryMeInKajmah ))
(I'm not gonna lie, I kinda ship Norra/Kajmah! Lol *behind Ruki wearing sailor's hat* Toot toot! All abOARD! *making hand motions with boat noises*)

(Najmah: WILD!! *gestures madly to Drellan and Raiya* *looks at Wild with angry "WHAT-THE-HECK?!"*)

(XD)

((It'd be one of those "one-night" romances what was kinda awkward and no one wants to talk about it. Like Korra took Najmah to see a movie and he ate all the popcorn and so they never went out again))
(And on top of eating all the popcorn, whenever Korra would be in #PrinceMode, Najmah would start to get drawn in, and then he'd do something that would remind her of Moonpelt.)

((Like saying he wants to show her something and when he turns back around he has a straw in each nostril))

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
(XD True dat!)

Moon...

That's me...

What the-?

"Well they took it to protect it from--" the panther was interrupted by the male wolf announcing his arrival. He turned to the new wolf and smiled. "That's Prince Korra to you," he said playfully, sticking his tongue out.

The scouts from the night before burst through the vines. The four of them appearing more frantic than their stoic nature the previous night. Other wolves awaking to start their day were starting to ensuing in panic chatter at the sight of the panicking scouts when Velyria finally emerged from her den. When she noted that there were now four of her loyal scouts instead of the five she had sent out.

"I-don't know!" one of the female scouts stated. "We waited for hours for Karver at the rendezvous point but he just never showed up! This isn't like him something terrible has happened!"

The alpha trying to soothe the panicking scout by sitting down and draping her head over the neck of the other scout, which in turn snuggled into her and started weeping. "We'll find your mate, pup," the alpha cooed as the anxious scout started to calm in the embrace of her alpha.

Korra smiled to himself a little and turned to the Northern she-wolf. "Alphas here aren't called Pack Matrons for nothing," he started. "So not only is it her job to lead but to comfort and console her subjects."
Jaro only gave Korra a toothy grin before turning to meet up with some of his other packmates.

The blue-eyed she-wolf only had a second to her annoyance for the distraction, because the scouts from the previous night returned so suddenly. She jumped to her paws, recognizing that something was wrong. She stayed where she was as the scene unfolded, even as wolves passed her to better hear what was happening. Thankfully, most of these wolves where smaller than her, so she could mostly see what was happening by looking over their heads.

Her ears flicked in Korra's direction as Velyria comforted the scout, then she turned her head to look at him.
Comfort and console her subjects...
It wasn't something that felt familiar to the she-wolf, but there was a pleasant feeling to the statement. One that caused her to feel a little more respect for the Alpha of this pack.

"She's going to form search parties for that scout's mate, right?" she asked, "If he's in trouble, then we have to find him!"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

(XD)

((Like saying he wants to show her something and when he turns back around he has a straw in each nostril))
(Yes! Exactly! XD And Najmah would see too much of her brother in him, and so she would feel so awkward and sick at the thought of being with Korra)

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

What the-?

Jaro only gave Korra a toothy grin before turning to meet up with some of his other packmates.

The blue-eyed she-wolf only had a second to her annoyance for the distraction, because the scouts from the previous night returned so suddenly. She jumped to her paws, recognizing that something was wrong. She stayed where she was as the scene unfolded, even as wolves passed her to better hear what was happening. Thankfully, most of these wolves where smaller than her, so she could mostly see what was happening by looking over their heads.

Her ears flicked in Korra's direction as Velyria comforted the scout, then she turned her head to look at him.
It wasn't something that felt familiar to the she-wolf, but there was a pleasant feeling to the statement. One that caused her to feel a little more respect for the Alpha of this pack.

"She's going to form search parties for that scout's mate, right?" she asked, "If he's in trouble, then we have to find him!"

After the female scout hard sobbing turned into faint whimpering, the alpha wolf stood up. "Everyone!" she shouted, her voice being deep and forceful compared to her normal gentle cooing. "One of our is missing! If you are well and able-bodied form small parties then descend into the swamps!" She began rattling off names of other wolves and giving them partners to help them navigate the swamps. All her pack mates barreled into the swamps. All that remained was Korra, Jaro, the mourning female scout, and their Northern friend.

"The rest of you," she turned to them, determination burning in her eyes. "With me! If I know Karver, he probably went to the Elder Tree." And she darted into the swamp, the other female in tow.

Korra looked at the Northern she-wolf. "Well she's in Alpha mode, best not to keep her waiting. Guards, stay here and make sure nothing sneaks into Thornbrook while their alpha is away." With that, the panther leapt into the air and sunk his claws into an overhanging treebranch and made his way up on it to perch, and then started leaping from tree to tree to catch up with the Alpha.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

What the-?

After the female scout hard sobbing turned into faint whimpering, the alpha wolf stood up. "Everyone!" she shouted, her voice being deep and forceful compared to her normal gentle cooing. "One of our is missing! If you are well and able-bodied form small parties then descend into the swamps!" She began rattling off names of other wolves and giving them partners to help them navigate the swamps. All her pack mates barreled into the swamps. All that remained was Korra, Jaro, the mourning female scout, and their Northern friend.

"The rest of you," she turned to them, determination burning in her eyes. "With me! If I know Karver, he probably went to the Elder Tree." And she darted into the swamp, the other female in tow.

Korra looked at the Northern she-wolf. "Well she's in Alpha mode, best not to keep her waiting. Guards, stay here and make sure nothing sneaks into Thornbrook while their alpha is away." With that, the panther leapt into the air and sunk his claws into an overhanging treebranch and made his way up on it to perch, and then started leaping from tree to tree to catch up with the Alpha.
Jaro immediately leapt after his Alpha and packmate determined to do everything he could to find Karver.

The blue-eyed she-wolf was shocked at Velyria's change in attitude. Momentarily stunned, she stayed in place long enough to have to be snapped out of it by Korra. She watched him climb the tree in surprise, then, after looking back at the panther guards, ran out of camp after the three Muckwater wolves.

Immediately upon exiting camp, she slipped on moss and fell on her face. Her pelt burning in embarrassment, she jumped to her paws, briefly slipping in place, before launching forward. She was already being left behind, so with her nails all the way extended, tearing at the springy ground beneath her, she dashed after her group. By some sort of miracle, she managed to catch up to them. At the rear of the group, she slowed down to match their pace.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

Jaro immediately leapt after his Alpha and packmate determined to do everything he could to find Karver.

The blue-eyed she-wolf was shocked at Velyria's change in attitude. Momentarily stunned, she stayed in place long enough to have to be snapped out of it by Korra. She watched him climb the tree in surprise, then, after looking back at the panther guards, ran out of camp after the three Muckwater wolves.

Immediately upon exiting camp, she slipped on moss and fell on her face. Her pelt burning in embarrassment, she jumped to her paws, briefly slipping in place, before launching forward. She was already being left behind, so with her nails all the way extended, tearing at the springy ground beneath her, she dashed after her group. By some sort of miracle, she managed to catch up to them. At the rear of the group, she slowed down to match their pace.

Along the way the group stopped in a small clearing. The female scout stopped and pressed her nose to the ground, inhaling deeply. "I have his scent!" she called out to the group which stopped around her.

"Good work Jheera," Velyria called out. "Everyone spread out! If we have his scent he must be nearby." Velyria didn't have to wander far to find faint tracks. One of the sets of paws had a toe missing, she recognized them almost immediately. "Friends we have tracks!"

Korra was making his way down the tree when he placed his paws in something wet. No longer to keep his grip he slid the rest of the way down the tree, his underbelly covered in the mysterious substance. The panther cried out in disgust at the green slime coating and dripping from his fur, him rolling around on the swamp floor to scrape it off of himself as the four wolves gathered around him. "This stuff won't come off!"

Velyria thought the substance was the same kind they encountered when they were with Kul'Hani the previous day and looked to the Northern she-wolf, her eyes heavy with concern.

"Hey I saw some of that stuff last night... I just thought it was tree sap..." Jheera stated, sniffing at the panther to try to identify it.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

Along the way the group stopped in a small clearing. The female scout stopped and pressed her nose to the ground, inhaling deeply. "I have his scent!" she called out to the group which stopped around her.

"Good work Jheera," Velyria called out. "Everyone spread out! If we have his scent he must be nearby." Velyria didn't have to wander far to find faint tracks. One of the sets of paws had a toe missing, she recognized them almost immediately. "Friends we have tracks!"

Korra was making his way down the tree when he placed his paws in something wet. No longer to keep his grip he slid the rest of the way down the tree, his underbelly covered in the mysterious substance. The panther cried out in disgust at the green slime coating and dripping from his fur, him rolling around on the swamp floor to scrape it off of himself as the four wolves gathered around him. "This stuff won't come off!"

Velyria thought the substance was the same kind they encountered when they were with Kul'Hani the previous day and looked to the Northern she-wolf, her eyes heavy with concern.

"Hey I saw some of that stuff last night... I just thought it was tree sap..." Jheera stated, sniffing at the panther to try to identify it.
Jaro went to where Jheera stood to get the missing scout's scent.
"We'll find him in no time, sis. Don't worry," he smiled before going away from the others to search for a lead.

The Northern she-wolf also went to the spot after the two wolves left it and grabbed Karver's scent. Then she bounded straight ahead to search for any more signs of him.

After hearing Velyria's declaration, both Jaro and the Northern she-wolf stopped what they were doing and went over to meet her. Jaro reached his alpha and looked at the tracks. But while the Northern she-wolf was interrupted in her approach to them by Korra, who dropped down beside her. She jumped away in surprise as he began to roll around.

"What are you-?!" she started before seeing the slime he was covered in. She went ridged upon recognizing what it was.
"This is...but this isn't the place where we saw it with the elephants, is it?" she asked after meeting Velyria's gaze, her own widening.

"It doesn't look like tree sap to me," Jaro remarked with a puzzled look on his face, "Maybe some poor heron lost it's lunch?"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"We'll find him in no time, sis. Don't worry," he smiled before going away from the others to search for a lead.

The Northern she-wolf also went to the spot after the two wolves left it and grabbed Karver's scent. Then she bounded straight ahead to search for any more signs of him.

After hearing Velyria's declaration, both Jaro and the Northern she-wolf stopped what they were doing and went over to meet her. Jaro reached his alpha and looked at the tracks. But while the Northern she-wolf was interrupted in her approach to them by Korra, who dropped down beside her. She jumped away in surprise as he began to roll around.

"What are you-?!" she started before seeing the slime he was covered in. She went ridged upon recognizing what it was.
"This is...but this isn't the place where we saw it with the elephants, is it?" she asked after meeting Velyria's gaze, her own widening.

"It doesn't look like tree sap to me," Jaro remarked with a puzzled look on his face, "Maybe some poor heron lost it's lunch?"

"Maybe if the heron ate as much as you do, brother." Jheera somewhat snapped.

Velyria gave the two younger wolves a look as she then turned her attention to Korra. "Stop wiggling, it'll only drive the slime deeper into your fur."

The panther sighing, rising to his feet and disgruntled by his appearance by looking at his body. Not only was still covered in the mysterious substance but all sorta of leaves, twigs, small rocks, and other debris clung to his fur. "Disgusting," he growled as the substance started to dip from his fur.

Velyria heard the Northern she-wolf speak and turned to her. "That's exactly what I was thinking, pup. So whatever was in those trees is moving..."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"Maybe if the heron ate as much as you do, brother." Jheera somewhat snapped.

Velyria gave the two younger wolves a look as she then turned her attention to Korra. "Stop wiggling, it'll only drive the slime deeper into your fur."

The panther sighing, rising to his feet and disgruntled by his appearance by looking at his body. Not only was still covered in the mysterious substance but all sorta of leaves, twigs, small rocks, and other debris clung to his fur. "Disgusting," he growled as the substance started to dip from his fur.

Velyria heard the Northern she-wolf speak and turned to her. "That's exactly what I was thinking, pup. So whatever was in those trees is moving..."
Jaro looked at his sister in surprise. He opened his maw to reply, but remembering the reason why she was stressed at the moment, remained silent.

The Northern she-wolf grimaced and took a step away from Korra.
"Maybe you should wash that off," she suggested. Then hearing Velyria's reply, she shifted uncomfortably.

What kind of animal leaves so much disgusting slime behind? What is this slime anyway? At least it doesn't seem to hurt anyone...

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Korra eyed the algae-covered water curiously. "Eehhh, no thank you... I'd much rather just walk around like this."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:Korra eyed the algae-covered water curiously. "Eehhh, no thank you... I'd much rather just walk around like this."
"...Alright. Suit yourself, I guess," the Northern she-wolf muttered. Then, after a moment of just standing around, remembered the reason why they were out here in the first place. She turned away from her group and trotted to the the tracks of the missing wolf.

"Sorry friend," Jaro chuckled to Korra as the Northern she-wolf left, "I'd offer to help clean that off, but that looks really disgusting, so I'm not going to. But maybe if you try brushing it off with plants?"

"Is he missing a toe?" the Northern she-wolf piped up in shock, referring to the missing wolf as she stared down at his paw prints.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:Korra eyed the algae-covered water curiously. "Eehhh, no thank you... I'd much rather just walk around like this."
"...Alright. Suit yourself, I guess," the Northern she-wolf muttered. Then, after a moment of just standing around, remembered the reason why they were out here in the first place. She turned away from her group and trotted to the the tracks of the missing wolf.

"Sorry friend," Jaro chuckled to Korra as the Northern she-wolf left, "I'd offer to help clean that off, but that looks really disgusting, so I'm not going to. But maybe if you try brushing it off with plants?"

"Is he missing a toe?" the Northern she-wolf piped up in shock, referring to the missing wolf as she stared down at his paw prints.

The alpha nodded, keeping in pace with the Northern wolf as they trotted through the swamps. "That's right... I've known Karver since he was a pup. He was playing with Moon and Aimarra one day in the creek and a snapper nipped at him. Scared the poor pup to death but he was lucky it didn't take his whole paw." Velyria sniffed down at the prints to attempt to pick up a scent but there was nothing.

"Something's not right... he's never just gone missing like this..." Jheera's ears drooped as she kept in pace with the others trying to hold back tears by holding her head up high.

Korra padded along beside her, still dripping with goop but it was off of him now for the most part. "Don't worry Jheera we'll-ACK!!" the panther called out when he walked through a massive cob web. It covered him almost entirely. The dense webbing stuck to his fur and one emerald eye peered through a tear. "Why do I always have the rotten luck?"

Jheera and Velyria skidded to a stop when Korra called out. Both she-wolves were horrified by the webbing around Korra. The alpha she-wolf looked up and around her and noticed that most of the trees and undergrowth where blanketed in the same thick cob webs.

"The spiders usually aren't colonizing like this this time of year..." Velyria inspected some webbing swaying in the soft breeze. Save for a few flecks of dried blood there was a tuft of blondish fur entrapped in the webbing as well. "Did Karver come through here?"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

The alpha nodded, keeping in pace with the Northern wolf as they trotted through the swamps. "That's right... I've known Karver since he was a pup. He was playing with Moon and Aimarra one day in the creek and a snapper nipped at him. Scared the poor pup to death but he was lucky it didn't take his whole paw." Velyria sniffed down at the prints to attempt to pick up a scent but there was nothing.

"Something's not right... he's never just gone missing like this..." Jheera's ears drooped as she kept in pace with the others trying to hold back tears by holding her head up high.

Korra padded along beside her, still dripping with goop but it was off of him now for the most part. "Don't worry Jheera we'll-ACK!!" the panther called out when he walked through a massive cob web. It covered him almost entirely. The dense webbing stuck to his fur and one emerald eye peered through a tear. "Why do I always have the rotten luck?"

Jheera and Velyria skidded to a stop when Korra called out. Both she-wolves were horrified by the webbing around Korra. The alpha she-wolf looked up and around her and noticed that most of the trees and undergrowth where blanketed in the same thick cob webs.

"The spiders usually aren't colonizing like this this time of year..." Velyria inspected some webbing swaying in the soft breeze. Save for a few flecks of dried blood there was a tuft of blondish fur entrapped in the webbing as well. "Did Karver come through here?"
The Northern wolf cringed at the story of how Karver lost his toe, feeling a new wave of apprehension towards snapping turtles. And then there was something else that stuck out to her.

"Who's-" she started, only to be cut off by Korra's cry. She and Jaro both whirled around at the same time as Jheera and Velyria. While the Northern she-wolf adopted an 'are-you-kidding-me' look, Jaro let out a laugh. He would have continued laughing if he hadn't recognized that so much webbing was not a good sign at all. With a somewhat scared glance around their cob web covered surroundings, he hurried over to Korra to try and help him with his situation.

"This is..." the Northern she-wolf trailed as she walked alongside one of the blanketed undergrowth. She glanced toward the others, unease prickling at her pelt. She heard Jaro ask if Korra could cut through the webbing as she deviated back toward Velyria. It was while she was standing beside the Alpha that she noticed the blood and the fur trapped in the webbing.
"Does Karver have yellow fur?" she asked in reply to Velyria's question while pointing to it.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

The Northern wolf cringed at the story of how Karver lost his toe, feeling a new wave of apprehension towards snapping turtles. And then there was something else that stuck out to her.

"Who's-" she started, only to be cut off by Korra's cry. She and Jaro both whirled around at the same time as Jheera and Velyria. While the Northern she-wolf adopted an 'are-you-kidding-me' look, Jaro let out a laugh. He would have continued laughing if he hadn't recognized that so much webbing was not a good sign at all. With a somewhat scared glance around their cob web covered surroundings, he hurried over to Korra to try and help him with his situation.

"This is..." the Northern she-wolf trailed as she walked alongside one of the blanketed undergrowth. She glanced toward the others, unease prickling at her pelt. She heard Jaro ask if Korra could cut through the webbing as she deviated back toward Velyria. It was while she was standing beside the Alpha that she noticed the blood and the fur trapped in the webbing.
"Does Karver have yellow fur?" she asked in reply to Velyria's question while pointing to it.

"He does," Velyria approached the fur. This wasn't just shed-fur... something had ripped his small chuck of fur from his body. Bits of pink and dried blood still clutched to the roots. The Alpha's ears flattens as she looked to see Jheera and Jaro attempting to help Korra out of the cobwebs. When there, in the tree just barely out of her peripheral vision caught her eye. 

The blond wolf stalked the night, daydreaming about his mate as he wondered through the swamp. He was talking to himself mostly about how he was going to surprise his mate with a python for breakfast--her favorite but python was super tricky to hunt. He was cut off mid-sentance by the snap of a twig in the dark. The blond wolf froze, ears back and teeth bared and a growl was about to escape his throat when foreign clicks and chatters wafted through the night air. The male's snarl dropped though his ears stayed back as he slowly backed away from the noises in the darkness when he brushed into a tree. Starting to grow more alarmed, the wolf turned to high-tail it out of there when something pierced his back, grazing across his skin. The wolf let out a yelp and sprinted into the darkness.

Velyria approached the tree and observed at what first she thought was part of the tree. It was quill-like in appearance, although much short but much thicker than that of a porcupine which has been known to forage the swamps at night for mushrooms but never out-right attack a wolf, even if scared. The intruder to her home was foreign to her. This shook her to her very core. She put on a brave face and scanned the  ground for Karver's tracks, which were starting to get more sporadic as if he was running.... or being chased. But regardless his pursuer was not in the area and they needed to keep going.

"He went this way." She flicked her head in the direction the tracks kept going. The brave Alpha was growing more somber, worrying for the safety of one of her own.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"He does," Velyria approached the fur. This wasn't just shed-fur... something had ripped his small chuck of fur from his body. Bits of pink and dried blood still clutched to the roots. The Alpha's ears flattens as she looked to see Jheera and Jaro attempting to help Korra out of the cobwebs. When there, in the tree just barely out of her peripheral vision caught her eye. 

The blond wolf stalked the night, daydreaming about his mate as he wondered through the swamp. He was talking to himself mostly about how he was going to surprise his mate with a python for breakfast--her favorite but python was super tricky to hunt. He was cut off mid-sentance by the snap of a twig in the dark. The blond wolf froze, ears back and teeth bared and a growl was about to escape his throat when foreign clicks and chatters wafted through the night air. The male's snarl dropped though his ears stayed back as he slowly backed away from the noises in the darkness when he brushed into a tree. Starting to grow more alarmed, the wolf turned to high-tail it out of there when something pierced his back, grazing across his skin. The wolf let out a yelp and sprinted into the darkness.

Velyria approached the tree and observed at what first she thought was part of the tree. It was quill-like in appearance, although much short but much thicker than that of a porcupine which has been known to forage the swamps at night for mushrooms but never out-right attack a wolf, even if scared. The intruder to her home was foreign to her. This shook her to her very core. She put on a brave face and scanned the  ground for Karver's tracks, which were starting to get more sporadic as if he was running.... or being chased. But regardless his pursuer was not in the area and they needed to keep going.

"He went this way." She flicked her head in the direction the tracks kept going. The brave Alpha was growing more somber, worrying for the safety of one of her own.
The Northern she-wolf cringed at the pink still attached to the fur's roots, lips curling in disgust. Then, seeing Velyria start to move, assuming she was looking for more evidence, she turned the opposite direction to do the same in order to make sure they hadn't missed anything.

There was a ripping sound as Jaro ripped a small strip of cobweb off of Korra. This piece was now stuck to his paw, which he waved around in the air in an attempt to flick it off.
"What the heck?!" he hissed under his breath as he began wiping his paw across the ground.

At Velyria's call, both turned to attention. Jaro wiped his paw across the ground one last time before bounding over to his alpha. The Northern she-wolf reached her first and stepped past her to examine the tracks. Then, with a glance at the others to see if they were coming, she started running in the direction Karver had gone.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

((Just wanted to make clear that Velyria doesn't not have time powers or visions of the past. As cool as that would be Jay gave in the veto #UnfunJay I'm just showing what happened to Karver for suspense))

Korra was finally rid of the webbing and sprinted off after the three wolves. "Hey wait up!" he called out.

"We're almost to the Tree! He has to be there!" Jheera called out.

The blond wolf sprinted through the night as fast as his paws would take him. He was panting heavily and felt his legs start to tire out but pushed himself to keep running. He kept hearing that clacking and other disturbing noises all around him as he ran. 

Velyria lead the group finally to the clearing that the Elder Tree resided. She sniffed at the air to see if she could pick up Karver's scent but it smelled foul. She couldn't place the smell but it smelled like dead fish that had been left out in the sun for days. Her nose crinkled up but she called out to the lost wolf.

"Th-the Tree. I can be safe here," the blond wolf slowed as fog started to wisp through the clearing. He took a rest by the massive roots and stared out into the darkness. As the fog crept closer to him. A rancid smell filled his lungs, as he coughed. His eyes started to water as he breathed and started choking on air. "What.. what's happening?"

Korra made his way over to the Tree and sat down. "Well he has to be here or on his way here so--" as the panther was taking a blond wolf seemingly materialized from under the roots of Tree and pinned the panther down, his jaws snapping at the panther as the feline tried to push the wolf off of him. "KARVER! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM IT'S ME!!"

"Karver! Stop it!" Jheera called out to her mate.

The blond wolf stopped struggling against the panther and looked at as the three wolves approached. His eyes were bloodshot and hazy. "No.... no no no no no. Oh Heira!" the wolf started backing away from the group. "St-stay back! GET AWAY!" he growled, his chest heaving and tail tucked tightly between his legs.

"Karver... it's us..." Velyria tried to approach the wolf. 

Karver just kept backing away, his vision was unfocused but he could see clearly in front of him five Shadow-walkers inching closer to him, all snarling. "Gonna get you... gonna get you..." they all chanted as the faint echoes of what was really being spoken was muffled against the four monsters. One of them lept out to attack him. The wolf let out a horrible scream and turned tail, sprinting away into the forest as fast as he could.

Velyria recoiled at the male-wolf's reaction to her approaching him. "What the-?" 

Jheera grew hysteric, she called out to her mate and ran after him.

"Jheera! You're only going to frighten him more!" Velyria called out to the she-wolf but when she did not return the Alpha sighed and took off after them.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(I figured that's what was happening! I like how we can see what happened to Karver in pieces as the story progresses!)

"Karver!" Jaro yelled, shocked at the behavior of his sister's mate, "It's just us, come o-Karver!" Not knowing why his packmate was acting this way, all he could think to do was chase him. He ran, just behind Jheera. His only thought was catching up to Karver, but he didn't have a plan beyond that.

"What the-what's his deal?!" the Northern she-wolf cried out, jumping forward alongside Velyria, "This is Karver?!"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:(I figured that's what was happening! I like how we can see what happened to Karver in pieces as the story progresses!)

"Karver!" Jaro yelled, shocked at the behavior of his sister's mate, "It's just us, come o-Karver!" Not knowing why his packmate was acting this way, all he could think to do was chase him. He ran, just behind Jheera. His only thought was catching up to Karver, but he didn't have a plan beyond that.

"What the-what's his deal?!" the Northern she-wolf cried out, jumping forward alongside Velyria, "This is Karver?!"

"No, no something's not right here. He'd never flee from Jheera like this." Velyria kept her eyes locked on the blond wolf as she leapt through dense brush, ducking and dodging vines and low-hanging branches as she went.

Korra blitzed past the four wolves like a blur, kicking up sand and mud as he darted by. The male panther leapt into the air with a roar and tackled the blond wolf to the ground. The two scuffled before Korra emerged on all fours, holding the blond wolf by his scruff carefully in his mouth. "Enough!" he said through gritted teeth. "You're acting like a moron."

Karver's chest heaved as he struggled in the panther's jaws. His eyes widen with fear as the four shadow-walkers encircled him. "No... no no I won't tell you where the camp is!" he shouted defiantly at them. Though his eyes were still hazy and glossy there was a certain fire growing him them.

"Karver you need to calm down everything will be okay," Velyria tried to approach him. 
"I'll just rip out your eyes and feed them to your mate and then maybe you will tell me where Thornbrook is!" the biggest shadow-walker made its way to the trapped male wolf.

The blond wolf tugged with all his might, ripping out tufts of fur as he tore his way free from Korra's jaws. He ran back into the brush as fast as his legs could carry him.

"KARVER STOP! COME BACK!" Jheera wailed as she darted after him.
"STOP HIM! DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!" a shadow-walker cried out as the five of them took off after him into the swamp, cackling as they ran along behind him. 

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:(I figured that's what was happening! I like how we can see what happened to Karver in pieces as the story progresses!)

"No, no something's not right here. He'd never flee from Jheera like this." Velyria kept her eyes locked on the blond wolf as she leapt through dense brush, ducking and dodging vines and low-hanging branches as she went.

Korra blitzed past the four wolves like a blur, kicking up sand and mud as he darted by. The male panther leapt into the air with a roar and tackled the blond wolf to the ground. The two scuffled before Korra emerged on all fours, holding the blond wolf by his scruff carefully in his mouth. "Enough!" he said through gritted teeth. "You're acting like a moron."

Karver's chest heaved as he struggled in the panther's jaws. His eyes widen with fear as the four shadow-walkers encircled him. "No... no no I won't tell you where the camp is!" he shouted defiantly at them. Though his eyes were still hazy and glossy there was a certain fire growing him them.

"Karver you need to calm down everything will be okay," Velyria tried to approach him. 
"I'll just rip out your eyes and feed them to your mate and then maybe you will tell me where Thornbrook is!" the biggest shadow-walker made its way to the trapped male wolf.

The blond wolf tugged with all his might, ripping out tufts of fur as he tore his way free from Korra's jaws. He ran back into the brush as fast as his legs could carry him.

"STOP HIM! DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!" a shadow-walker cried out as the five of them took off after him into the swamp, cackling as they ran along behind him. 
(Good thing Drellan's not in Karver's place)

Jaro was rattled, confused and terrified of Karver's behavior. Seriously, what the heck was going on in his sister's mate's head?!
"KARVER!" Jaro barked, racing after his sister.

The Northern she-wolf was bewildered at what she was witnessing. Why was this wolf running from his packmates, as if they would hurt him if he didn't? These Thornbrooks were a family, she had seen that by now. So why was he acting like he didn't even recognize them?
As she ran with Velyria once more, fighting to keep up the pace even as her inexperienced paws slipped along the mossy floor, one thing that Karver had said during his outburst stuck with her. What camp was he talking about? And what did it matter whether he told them or not?

"We need to trap him," she barked loudly, mostly for Velyria to hear. Why Karver said what he did, she couldn't think about that until after they had caught him. "We need him stopped long enough to surround him. Is there somewhere we can drive him so that can happen?"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

(Good thing Drellan's not in Karver's place)

Jaro was rattled, confused and terrified of Karver's behavior. Seriously, what the heck was going on in his sister's mate's head?!
"KARVER!" Jaro barked, racing after his sister.

The Northern she-wolf was bewildered at what she was witnessing. Why was this wolf running from his packmates, as if they would hurt him if he didn't? These Thornbrooks were a family, she had seen that by now. So why was he acting like he didn't even recognize them?
As she ran with Velyria once more, fighting to keep up the pace even as her inexperienced paws slipped along the mossy floor, one thing that Karver had said during his outburst stuck with her. What camp was he talking about? And what did it matter whether he told them or not?

"We need to trap him," she barked loudly, mostly for Velyria to hear. Why Karver said what he did, she couldn't think about that until after they had caught him. "We need him stopped long enough to surround him. Is there somewhere we can drive him so that can happen?"

Velyria was piecing together everything in her head. The slime and cobwebs, and now Karver's hysterics... it must be connected somehow. The northern she-wolf's bark snapped her out of her thought process. "He must think we're with the shadow-walkers and wanting to discover Thronebrook, there's no other explanation!"

"Did he hit his head or something? Our eyes are most definitely not violet," Korra's nose wrinkled as he kept pace with the wolves.

"I'm starting to think that all this as something to do with this slime that we keep finding!" Velyria broke her eye contact with Karver's form to look at Korra. "And why your father is missing."

The panther grew somber and then looked straight forward in silence, the comment of the alpha striking a nerve of sorts. The panther's face cringed upon seeing what's ahead. "KARVER!"

The rest of the wolves turned to face ahead and immediately skidded on the mossy ground to a halt.

Velyria looked on in horror as the blond wolf found himself on a log that was just barely on the surface of a tar pool. Jheera cried out to him as she approached the banks of the pool, ears pressed firmly against her head.

The blond wolf looked towards the group with wide, clear eyes. He stood perfectly still but regardless the log started to sink due to his weight. "W-what's going on?" the wolf called out to his Alpha, his voice shaky as he tried remain calm.

Velyria had so many questions about what happened to him, but her main concern was getting Karver off that log. "Just stay still Karver. Don't try to jump... one touch will suck you in."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Called it! Knew a tar pit was going to be involved!)

Shadow-walkers?! The Northern she-wolf thought. How did Velyria get that from, 'I won't tell you where camp is'? And why would Karver mistake his own packmates for shadow-walkers? Weren't those things made of fire? And his packmates already knew where camp was, so how did that make any sense-
She skidded to a stop a short distance behind Jheera and Jaro, staring at the pool first in confusion, and then in shock when she realized this was one of those dangerous tar pits Velyria had previously warned her about.

Jaro stayed at his sister's side, finally stopping and holding a forearm in front of her when he felt they were getting too close to the pool's edge.
"H-Hey! K-Karver!" he called with a nervous smile, noticing that the blond wolf was starting to sound sane again, "Have you come back to us? Do you remember who we are? 'Cause, uh... This is kinda dangerous, and-uh... W-We need you to stop running from us."

But there was no where to run to, the Northern she-wolf thought as she listened to Jaro speak. Not unless Karver wanted to...
"How did you get there?" she called to the blond wolf, "Can you come back the same way?"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:Called it! Knew a tar pit was going to be involved!)

Shadow-walkers?! The Northern she-wolf thought. How did Velyria get that from, 'I won't tell you where camp is'? And why would Karver mistake his own packmates for shadow-walkers? Weren't those things made of fire? And his packmates already knew where camp was, so how did that make any sense-
She skidded to a stop a short distance behind Jheera and Jaro, staring at the pool first in confusion, and then in shock when she realized this was one of those dangerous tar pits Velyria had previously warned her about.

Jaro stayed at his sister's side, finally stopping and holding a forearm in front of her when he felt they were getting too close to the pool's edge.
"H-Hey! K-Karver!" he called with a nervous smile, noticing that the blond wolf was starting to sound sane again, "Have you come back to us? Do you remember who we are? 'Cause, uh... This is kinda dangerous, and-uh... W-We need you to stop running from us."

But there was no where to run to, the Northern she-wolf thought as she listened to Jaro speak. Not unless Karver wanted to...
"How did you get there?" she called to the blond wolf, "Can you come back the same way?"

((Clairvoyance? Lol))

Karver's legs trembled as he looked at his packmates and gave a slight nod. "I was running an-and it's like I woke up from a bad dream."

Jheera was was screaming for her mate. "Jump Karver! You've cleared bigger distances."

Korra sat back observing the scene as the packmates discussed what was going on. Something clicked in his mind and he whispered to the Northern wolf. "Pst, see that low-hanging branch? If he jumps he can grab it with his teeth and I can climb the tree and pull him to safety. What do you think?" The panther looked into the Northern wolf's eyes, awaiting her response.

Velyria had heard the panther's idea and turned to the pair. "You could fall in too, Korra," the alpha wolf shook her head. "There has to be a better way."

As the panther and the alpha female began to bicker the blond wolf let out a whine as the log started sinking further into the tar. The log tipped to one end giving Karver some more room to back away from his impending doom.

((Okay Naji, your TellTale moment is here, X or B? Lol ))

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:

((Clairvoyance? Lol))

Karver's legs trembled as he looked at his packmates and gave a slight nod. "I was running an-and it's like I woke up from a bad dream."

Jheera was was screaming for her mate. "Jump Karver! You've cleared bigger distances."

Korra sat back observing the scene as the packmates discussed what was going on. Something clicked in his mind and he whispered to the Northern wolf. "Pst, see that low-hanging branch? If he jumps he can grab it with his teeth and I can climb the tree and pull him to safety. What do you think?" The panther looked into the Northern wolf's eyes, awaiting her response.

Velyria had heard the panther's idea and turned to the pair. "You could fall in too, Korra," the alpha wolf shook her head. "There has to be a better way."

As the panther and the alpha female began to bicker the blond wolf let out a whine as the log started sinking further into the tar. The log tipped to one end giving Karver some more room to back away from his impending doom.

(XD)

(...Oh fudge. The life or death choice. Oh no, I've been dreading this! This is not good! XD ... Najmah, take over!! *shoves keyboard to Najmah*)

(WHAT?!?! WHY ME?! U-Uh! I choose-!)

The Northern she-wolf watched the blond wolf, the realization that he could actually die in just a moment weighing down on her. She watched Karver's mate scream for him while her brother held her back, neither of them able to help in any way. She listened to the panther and the alpha beside her, trying to decide how to save him, but neither of them acting on their ideas. No one was doing anything to change the situation. As long as this stayed true, then the blond wolf would definitely...

"You two! Get back!" She was at the siblings' side, herding them back a few steps with a sharp urgent gaze in their direction. Then she looked to the blond wolf and shouted her decision. "Jump here! You got there yourself, you can come back! Jump!"

With no experiences to look back on, the Northern she-wolf could only act on what she knew. In this case, it was the two choices she had heard: jump to the bank, or jump to the branch. Either choice could work perfectly in her mind. But they both could also end tragically, and one of them ended with two casualties rather than just one. That was the primary motive to her decision. If one was doomed, then don't send another to join him.
As she looked back, even as she shouted, her mind called up the images of this day's events so far. In her mind's eye, she saw Korra sliding down a tree covered in slime, and then Korra running into cobwebs. The panther had had bad luck so far today. Would that have continued if she had gone with his plan?

"You've cleared bigger distances!" Jheera had yelled just a moment before. As the Northern she-wolf stood back, she silently put her trust in those words. It was up to Karver now to save himself.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

((Clairvoyance? Lol))

(XD)

(...Oh fudge. The life or death choice. Oh no, I've been dreading this! This is not good! XD ... Najmah, take over!! *shoves keyboard to Najmah*)

(WHAT?!?! WHY ME?! U-Uh! I choose-!)

The Northern she-wolf watched the blond wolf, the realization that he could actually die in just a moment weighing down on her. She watched Karver's mate scream for him while her brother held her back, neither of them able to help in any way. She listened to the panther and the alpha beside her, trying to decide how to save him, but neither of them acting on their ideas. No one was doing anything to change the situation. As long as this stayed true, then the blond wolf would definitely...

"You two! Get back!" She was at the siblings' side, herding them back a few steps with a sharp urgent gaze in their direction. Then she looked to the blond wolf and shouted her decision. "Jump here! You got there yourself, you can come back! Jump!"

With no experiences to look back on, the Northern she-wolf could only act on what she knew. In this case, it was the two choices she had heard: jump to the bank, or jump to the branch. Either choice could work perfectly in her mind. But they both could also end tragically, and one of them ended with two casualties rather than just one. That was the primary motive to her decision. If one was doomed, then don't send another to join him.
As she looked back, even as she shouted, her mind called up the images of this day's events so far. In her mind's eye, she saw Korra sliding down a tree covered in slime, and then Korra running into cobwebs. The panther had had bad luck so far today. Would that have continued if she had gone with his plan?

"You've cleared bigger distances!" Jheera had yelled just a moment before. As the Northern she-wolf stood back, she silently put her trust in those words. It was up to Karver now to save himself.

Karver nodded and started to creep backwards to make his jump. With a flick of his tail the wolf started to run for it and as he pushed down to leap his lost his footing from slick moss and toppled into the sticky tar.

Jheera opened her mouth to scream but no noise came out. Korra's eyes narrowed and blew past everyone, scaling up the tree with ease. The panther made his way to the branch he was eyeing and shimmed down it carefully. As the blond wolf was trying desperately to tread water in the tar he looked up to Korra.

The panther was trying to calculate what to do. The original plan was for Karver to jump and to catch him by the scruff but that wouldn't work now. The panther used his weight to lower the thick branch closer to the surface of the tar pool. "Try to grab the branch! You can do it!"

The blond wolf nodded and tried to paddle his way through the tar. He was using all his might to claw this way to the branch Korra lowered down for him. He was starting to struggle to catch his breath, exerting too much energy to try to keep his head above the surface. "I-I don't think I can," the blond wolf called out wit a strange calm to his voice. He knew his fate was sealed and took one last deep breath and looked towards his mate.

"No! Don't you dare! Don't you even think about it!" Korra called down to the blond wolf, angry tears stinging his eyes as his claws held him firm on the branch.

"I'm so sorry Jheera," the blonde wolf called out to his mate and sighed. "I'll be with you...always..." and with that the blond wolf stopped paddling and allowed himself to disappear under the surface of the pool.

Jheera looked on in horror. She started visibly shaking and threw her head back in a loud, drawn-out, melancholy howl.

Korra hissed really loudly in the Panther language as his climbed down the tree. He sat firmly on the ground, eyes wet with tears and ears pressed down firmly against his head, refusing to look at anyone. 

Velyria looked to the Northern-wolf. "It's not your fault, pup," she tried to hold her composure but her eyes were heavy in pain.

((I actually had two different versions of this post written out!))

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Yup. Knew that was going to happen. Freaking knew it.

Najmah: [ERROR: HARD DRIVE OVERHEATING. EXPLOSION IMMINENT IN 3...]

...Welp! Happy ending are overrated anyway. XD ... Crying
Did he actually survive in the other version?? Please say yes! Sad

The moment Karver slipped, an emotion shot through the Northern she-wolf like a lightning bolt. This feeling, so horrible she could use no words to describe, left her in place with her muscles tingling and a black hole in her chest that devoured her senses. She gaped as she watched Karver's last moments, her mouth dry and her pupils mere pebbles in the center of her wide eyes. She stood there, trembling as the blond wolf's head finally went under, even as she heard Jaro cry as Jheera howled, even Korra hissed and Velyria whispered that it wasn't her fault. A moment passed with the Northern she-wolf taking fast, heavy breaths, a ball of sickness growing in her stomach. Then, with deep shadows cast over her eyes, she stumbled a step back, her legs stiffer than sticks, and then another. Slowly, her head empty of thoughts, she turned around and began padding back into the swamp.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:Yup. Knew that was going to happen. Freaking knew it.

The moment Karver slipped, an emotion shot through the Northern she-wolf like a lightning bolt. This feeling, so horrible she could use no words to describe, left her in place with her muscles tingling and a black hole in her chest that devoured her senses. She gaped as she watched Karver's last moments, her mouth dry and her pupils mere pebbles in the center of her wide eyes. She stood there, trembling as the blond wolf's head finally went under, even as she heard Jaro cry as Jheera howled, even Korra hissed and Velyria whispered that it wasn't her fault. A moment passed with the Northern she-wolf taking fast, heavy breaths, a ball of sickness growing in her stomach. Then, with deep shadows cast over her eyes, she stumbled a step back, her legs stiffer than sticks, and then another. Slowly, her head empty of thoughts, she turned around and began padding back into the swamp.

((Eeyup! Korra's plan would have worked but Karver probably would have expired later in plot anyways ^^; ))
((Remember all actions will have consequences that will effect the story later Lol ))

As the three Muckwater wolves mourned their fallen packmate the panther prince had glanced up to see the Northern she-wolf start to walk away. he rose to his feet and padded his way over to her as she sulked. "Hey, are you alright?" the panther's voice was shaky and unsure. "I-it was unfair to put you in the spot like that but... I needed an outside opinion, ya know?" His head hung low and his eyes were firmly fixated on the ground as they walked together.

After a long moment of being silent, he spoke again. "I don't know how it is where you come from, but here we have a firm belief about our dead. That they never truly leave us when they're gone. Their soul will still be around us: that warm sun on your back, cooling rain, a successful hunt." Korra looked to the she-wolf. "That belief probably has something to do with being around elephants for generations."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Yup. Knew that was going to happen. Freaking knew it.

((Eeyup! Korra's plan would have worked but Karver probably would have expired later in plot anyways ^^; ))
((Remember all actions will have consequences that will effect the story later Lol ))

As the three Muckwater wolves mourned their fallen packmate the panther prince had glanced up to see the Northern she-wolf start to walk away. he rose to his feet and padded his way over to her as she sulked. "Hey, are you alright?" the panther's voice was shaky and unsure. "I-it was unfair to put you in the spot like that but... I needed an outside opinion, ya know?" His head hung low and his eyes were firmly fixated on the ground as they walked together.

After a long moment of being silent, he spoke again. "I don't know how it is where you come from, but here we have a firm belief about our dead. That they never truly leave us when they're gone. Their soul will still be around us: that warm sun on your back, cooling rain, a successful hunt." Korra looked to the she-wolf. "That belief probably has something to do with being around elephants for generations."
Well, oops! Lol But that's life. You have no idea what will happen when you make a choice. You can only hope for the best and expect the worse))

Eeey! XD I get the reference Lol ))

The Northern she-wolf said nothing as she continued to walk from the scene. The only sign of acknowledgement to Korra's presence she gave was the slight turn of her head away from him. She listened to his words, but she took no comfort in them.

"...Why me?" she finally murmured, "Why, of everyone's opinion, did you seek mine? I don't know my own name, and you expected me to..."
She slowed to a stop, her head lowering to the ground. "Better yet, why didn't you act on your own, your majesty?" In her head was the image of Korra racing up the tree, perfectly balanced on that branch, not falling into the pit as she'd been afraid he would. "Why did you wait on me? Why did you just stand around and wait for me to call the shots? Is a King really so useless that he has to rely on a wolf with nothing in her head to tell him what to do?!"

(Sorry Korra! Sad )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum